Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dallas Arboretum

Ryan and the kids and I went to the Dallas Arboretum last weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. We were able to just sit and relax the entire day and Ryan and I actually both felt relaxed (which is a big deal). It was such a beautiful day.It is totally worth it to go once a year at least just to get a cute family picture. I think next year I will dress the family up and take a real one. In May they are changing all the beds out and putting in new annuals. So it should be just as gorgeous.


I didn't know if Maddison would like just looking around at all the flowers but she loved it. She asked the names of them and smelled them all. She even had a yellow nose by the end of the day because of the pollen. She also chased butterflies and as you can see ladybugs around.
Even James had a great day.


They have a Texas theme going right now so they had a little horse rodeo where Maddison tried to rope James. She was so determined to make the haystack cow move it was cute. Then she got to do barrel racing on a horse on a stick. They had a Wild Bill Coyote cowboy walking around.


So if you don't think your child would like it I would say give it a try.

7 comments:

Mike and Laura said...

Looks like fun! Maddison looks just like a little Kim! We can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Fat chance getting me to dress up hun. LOL

Liz and Dave said...

Cute family pictures... Was nice to see some. Keep up the good work. Looks like you like you all enjoyed it.

Rhonda said...

I love it there it had been a long time....looks beautiful!

KimDoll said...

I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but, like you wasn't sure how my little girl would do. It's so close to us, I guess we'll have to give it a go. Glad you guys had fun - the family pic is so beautiful!

Tori said...

Looks like fun, guys! Hey I just noticed your last post to Kim. If you want to send me an email to toriosorio at gmail dot com, I'll send you another invite to my blog!

LEXIE GUYMON said...

Hey Kim this is Lexie Guymon or Lexie Johnson. I just love your cute little family. I love blogging b/c I get to see and catch up with people's lives that I have lost track of like you. Hope everything is going great. LOVE YA!!!