Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday

Ok, so I know it has been forever since I have posted but with the holidays things are getting crazy. I am sure it is like that for everyone. James has finally had his two front teeth come through so hopefully night time will go better. We had to take him to the ER a week ago because he had croup. I don't know why my kids are so prone to getting it. Maddison has had it several times but we never had to go to the ER. Anyway, he is recovering well but still has a pretty nasty cough. He is also sitting up well (finally). It is hard not to compare the kids because Maddison was already crawling by this time but we know each has a individual personality.


Our Turkey day went well. I cooked it and everything turned out pretty well. Minus the fact that my apple pie didn't have enough flour in the sauce and so it was runny. Oh well. Ryan and my brother went to go play in the Turkey bowl and the kids and I went with them. We bundled up the kids but not against the Texas wind and I had to bring James home early. Maddison was freezing but wanted to stay so I left a big blanket with her. When I came back 20 minutes later Ryan was holding her with the blanket and she was frozen and shivering and her face and hands were solid red. Yet she still didn't want to go. Ryan told her we could come back when it got warmer. So I gave her some hot chocolate on the way home that I had brought and she started to warm up in the car. When we got home she got out of the car and said "look it got warmer, can we go back?" I told that it hadn't gotten warmer but she warmed herself up. She was sad but when the boys got back she was fine. Also she now lets me do two french braids on her hair and just looks darling.


The day after Thanksgiving we were bored so Ryan decided to take the kids and I to Chucky Cheeses. Ryan and I were trying so hard to get lots of tickets for Maddison so she could get a cool prize but when we went to cash in our tickets the only thing she wanted was a 20 ticket butterfly ring. Just goes to show ya that it is the small and simple things. :) Here are a couple picture from those two days.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute! I like her hair that way.

Liz and Dave said...

Man Madison is getting bigger. It sounds like you guys are having fun out there.