Thursday, May 21, 2009

James' Birthday #2

Choo-Choo!Mmm I think he likes it.


James' birthday was all choo-choos. I have never seen a boy who was as obsessed with trains as James is. We all pitched in and got him a train set that has all the bells and whistles. He loves it. Ryan Vandiver got him a Thomas the Train pillow that he likes to sit on and pretend he is on a train. The following video's are of his first look at it. He still signs when he hears things by putting his hand up to his ear. He does this when he hears a train, plane, bus or motorcycle. James loved all the trains he got for his birthday.


In fact a day after we got them we had to go somewhere and I told him he could take a few of his trains. Well I saw him put 2 in and then we left. In the car I gave him the trains and he kept saying "more more. " I told him that was it and we kept going, despite his instistence. Well when we got home he wanted to play with his trains but we could not find the rest of them anywhere. I looked all over the house but couldn't find them. I was pretty upset because I just thought "great now we have a train table but no trains." Well a little while later I was getting something out of my purse and lo and behold there were the rest of the 12 trains. Funny you think I would have noticed the extra weight. James had put them in there when i wasn't looking. Now the trains still go every where we go but he has a "manly train purse" to take them in.

It was so nice having every one here for his birthday. We actually celebrated it on Easter. He is too young to know we did it a day early, right?



First look at the train.


Enjoying the sights and sounds.


I made the cake but relied on my dad for the decorations on it. He did this free-hand using the picture on the plates. Isn't he amazing? Thanks mom and dad for all you do for us. We love you!


The first present he opened was a little train and he ran around and then fell on the floor saying "ooooo." It was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm jealous!! Douglas would DIE to have that train table.

matthewandsherihanson said...

OH MY GOSH!! So cute! i wish i could have been there! they are so so cute!